A memoir of my year in Jackson Hole, Wyoming

Monday, August 26, 2013

Up with People!


Over the weekend I attended a spectacular musical performance by an organization called Up with People! I’m excited to share this with you because I know many of the Great Hearts families have musically talented children who may be interested in being part of such a moving organization. This group of about eighty high school graduates and college students travel the globe and visit various cities for a week at a time. They live with host families, spend their days servicing the community, and put on two truly inspirational and energetic performances! I was moved by the pieces they sang because they were centered on the theme of peace and uniting the world toward this ultimate goal. Some were even in different languages! There were also several classic hits that they covered, and did an excellent job doing so!

Over the course of the past week, I had the pleasure of meeting a few of the Up with People cast-members and hearing about all of the fun they’ve been having traveling, performing, and building lifelong friendships. I learned about the very interesting history of Up with People, which dates back to the turbulent 60's. It was clear to see that these people were thrilled to be in Jackson, and really made an impact while they were here!

Whether this sounds like the perfect opportunity for your musically gifted child, or you’re interested in seeing one of their performances yourself, Up with People is definitely something you should check out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.