A memoir of my year in Jackson Hole, Wyoming

Thursday, July 18, 2013

The Voyage and Settling In

Our drive to Wyoming was a really pleasant one! It took about 15 hours and the scenery was great! I especially loved passing through Utah. What a beautiful place! 

This photo was taken by my parents who were driving behind me.

Driving through Utah


When we arrived at the cabin late on Sunday night, I was pleasantly surprised to see a vase of beautiful flowers and thoughtful notes from the families of my students! :)

What a warm welcome!


The cabin that I will be living in for the next year is absolutely stunning! The spiral staircase, cozy bedrooms, furnished deck, and wrap-around porch with rocking chairs are just a few of my favorite amenities here. I truly couldn't have imagined such a beautiful home...





The pond behind the garage

The driveway

A close-up of my view of the Tetons


 This is a view of the cabin and garage from the second story of the school.
It will be a nice and quick commute to work ;)



I never thought much about staircases, and then there was THIS one... :)


I feel so blessed to have had my parents join me on this big move! We’ve been spending the last few days enjoying downtown Jackson and Yellowstone Park. It’s been such a joy having them here for this exciting experience! I can’t wait to host more of my family and friends in this beautiful place over the next year!

Spending the evening at the People's Market at Snow King


Downtown Jackson



Yellowstone National Park




Old Faithful!


Buffalo and the Tetons



Well, now that I’m all settled in, I’ll be spending the next five weeks becoming better acquainted with Jackson and preparing for the upcoming school year. I can’t wait to dive in!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.